Pages

What is your typical study plan?

vendredi 15 juillet 2016

We just got into systems (on musculoskeletal now), so we have a lot of "self-study". The professors give us the PPT/handout ahead of time outlining what we need to learn in that allotted hour.

I'll wake up in the morning and do my Anki cards for that day first and foremost. Then I really try and follow the preview, learn, review mantra when it comes to the lecture material.

I watched Pathoma first and used that mostly as my "preview" to the material. Then I went through each lecture to see what it was talking about and for the most part read the corresponding chapter out of Robbins as my time to "learn" the material (with usually at least a day/several hours in between preview and learn). I really didn't like the layout of a lot of the PPTs they were giving us, and it was quicker/easier to just read the text.

On that second pass ("learn"), I would make my Anki cards (mostly cloze deletions, some images as well) and really try and make an outline in my mind or in OneNote (whichever option I thought would be more beneficial given the complexity of the particular lecture). For the diseases, I found it particularly helpful to make a document of each disease with pathophysiology, diagnosis, treatment under each one. They really emphasize this on our tests--e.g. pt presents w/ swollen MCP, aspiration reveals negatively birefringent crystals. What are the most common side effects of the pt's most appropriate therapy? Have to know what is going on pathophysiologically to get the diagnosis, then think about therapy and integrate what you know about that particular medication.

Then I would "review" as needed and do a mix of looking at RR Path/FirstAid/the lecture PPTs/my outline. Repeat until I felt comfortable with the material. Been doing very well so far so I don't anticipate changing much (unless I find myself with considerably less time in the future).

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article from FiveFilters.org: Most Labour MPs in the UK Are Revolting.



What is your typical study plan?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire