Pages

Looking for assistance with a school list!

vendredi 15 juillet 2016
Howdy everyone!

I'm planning on applying next cycle, and I've been casually making a school list. Unfortunately, I've come up with 26 schools, which I feel is way too many, and definitely way more than I can afford. I'd be really appreciative for any help ya'll could offer in trimming this list, or suggesting some swaps I could make.

Here's my info!

1. Rising senior at University of Wisconsin, Nutritional Science Major, Global Health Certificate

2. cGPA: 3.98 sGPA:4.0

3. MCAT: 525 (132,130,131,132)

4. Demographics: Wisconsin resident, middle class, white, male

5. Research: 2 Semesters of mentored research at a Newborn Screening lab resulting in a poster, 4 semesters of independent research in a Nutritional sciences lab resulting in 2 research stipends and 2 poster presentations. I plan to spend my senior year in the same lab and will likely have 1 oral presentation at a conference and hopefully 1 publication (fingers crossed!)

6. Clinical Work Experience: 2 semesters as a Student Medical Assistant at the campus health services (I room patients, take vitals, do spirometry and EKGs). I plan to continue during my senior year. 3 months as a scribe at a local Emergency Department. I plan to continue during my senior year and my gap year.

7. Non-clinical work: 2 semesters as a team member at a local dining hall, 3 semesters as a supervisor at the same dining hall. 2 semesters as a TA for a 1st/2nd year seminar which helps students get into research labs and present their findings at a symposium.

8. Clinical Volunteering: ~120 hrs volunteering in the local emergency department and in patient transport throughout the hospital. I have been helping with on-shift volunteer training for the past 4 months also. Plan to continue this next year and in my gap year.

9. Non-clinical volunteering: ~100 hours at a nearby religious multicultural center. Mostly providing child care for parents attending English as a Second Language classes. I also assist with the classes, and other special events as needed.

10. Shadowing: ~ 40hrs total between sports med, podiatry and ophthalmology. I'm set for 24 more hours this summer with a pediatrician and I'm still looking for more docs to shadow.

11. Other: recently spent 3 weeks in Nepal studying health disparities in rural and urban areas. This included several visits to hospitals and clinics in order to better understand the current state of health care in the country.

School List
1. University of Wisconsin
2. Medical College of Wisconsin
3. University of Iowa
4. University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
5. Rosalind Franklin
6. Boston University
7. Tufts
8. Case Western
9. Creighton
10. Duke
11. Harvard
12. Johns Hopkins
13. Temple
14. Mayo
15. Northwestern
16. U Penn
17. Saint Louis University
18. Stanford
19. UCSF
20. U Chicago Pritzker
21. University of North Carolina
22. University of Pittsburgh
23. Vanderbilt
24. Washington University STL
25. Wake Forest
26. University of Michigan

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article from FiveFilters.org: Most Labour MPs in the UK Are Revolting.



Looking for assistance with a school list!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire