Pages

What are my Chances?

vendredi 15 juillet 2016

Hello all, I would love any input you have about my chances for matching. I am an M3 at a mid-low tier MD school in the southeast without a home program. I came into med school unsure of what I wanted to do for sure, so I'm a little late to the game in terms of Ophtho specific research. I'm from a small rural town, and I'd love to return there to practice as there is currently a 7 month wait to see an Ophthalmologist back home. I already have a good relationship with a private practice doc in the area, and she recently graduated from a program here in the southeast. I would love to remain in the southeast for residency if possible, and the tier of program won't bother me as long as I have the opportunity to match. I am also willing to apply to as many programs as necessary, even if that means taking out an extra loan.

Stats:
Step 1 - 243
AOA/Grades - Not Expecting to be. Likely to be around top 25%, but I don't know for sure./Mostly A's, couple B's, no C's.
Research - Some from undergrad, but never published. One current research project on medical education that we're hoping to get a pub and presentation out of (unrelated to Ophtho).
Optho elective - Won't happen until early in 2017.

Any input, good or bad will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article from FiveFilters.org: Most Labour MPs in the UK Are Revolting.



What are my Chances?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire