Pages

RANT HERE thread

vendredi 15 juillet 2016
Thank goodness this b**** is out of our lives, so I'm not as fuming as usual about her, but since there's a thread, here goes...

I work in a tiny lab with 2 faculty researchers, 2 technicians, 1 post-doc, and 1 MD fellow (plus the PI who never sets foot in the lab). The post-doc is probably the biggest nightmare this lab will NEVER forget. Because:

She is a mega dumbf*ck b****. She screams at her boss when she hears what she doesn't want to hear. This shouting match goes on for at least 30 min sometimes in the middle of our lab, making it very uncomfortable for everyone else. So the rest of us have to swiftly make an exit to another room and chill there until they're done. Once the boss leaves and we go back into the room, she corners all of us and starts bawling "I only got a PhD because I hate being bossed around, and I thought if I got a PhD, no one would be able to boss me around!" :eek:

She tells the new technician (on her first week) who had a slight cough that she should have taken the day off. The technician says that she's not that sick, and besides she hasn't accrued earned time yet. Then she goes "well, my dad in NY has cancer, and if i catch anything from you and i go visit him in the next few weeks, he's going to die!"

She also told the new technician, "no offense, but YOU should not be wearing a size small or extra-small" hmmmm....

I was talking about how I personally have no idea what my mom saw in my dad when they first started dating because based on what she told me, my dad was a terrible date. Then this b**** tells me that I don't know enough about them to make that kind of judgment. to which I was thinking "well duh... they're still happily married after 4 kids and 30 yrs of marriage, obviously something worked" But then, just after SHE told ME that I didn't know enough about my own parents to judge their relationship, she goes "I hope you don't get married to your boyfriend, because he sounds like a LOSER" :mad:

Her favorite topics are politically charged topics that have no place in the work environment (e.g. abortion), and she chastises everyone who doesn't agree with her.

Her other favorite topic is about how she hates douchebag PhDs who are stuck up about the letters they have after their name, and how she's not like that at all. However, she is the first person to bring up in any conversation she can that she should be treated differently because of her credentials. She tells our pathologist (who was doing her a favor by reading her brain slides) that perhaps she should "help" her since as an MD she doesn't have the expertise that a PhD might... Talk about insulting! Also, we have issues with environmental services bringing us biohazard bins when we need extras. Someone will call and just say "hi, can we have 10 bins delivered to room ____" and they'll say "Sure!" but for some reason it doesn't happen. B**** will then be like "maybe I should call, 'cause I think they might listen if someone with a degree called." Um... what the hell was she planning on saying to indicate that she had a degree???

She was also the dumbf*** who thought that not eating sugar was going to prevent her from getting fat. So she refused to eat anything with sugar (as in added granulated sugar). But instead she would eat a whole bag of dried mangoes in one sitting (like a whopping 1000 calories in that bag), or a whole can of macadamia nuts. But apparently she liked to bake ****. So she comes in with this tupperware filled with pieces of this nasty looking chocolate cake. She tried baking one for her friend and f*cked up so the cake ended up flat instead of fluffy. She explains this to us and goes "so I dunno how good it is because i didn't taste it, because you know, I don't eat sugar. But I thought you guys would enjoy it so go ahead and dig in." Throughout the day, we all kind of opened up the tupperware to take a look... but the thing had dog hair (she has this nasty chow that's bitten two children) all over it, sticking out of the sponge... so we all just left it there. At the end of the day, b**** was infuriated that no one ate it and goes "Fine, I'll take it to the dog park people, cause I'm sure they'll appreciate it. I guess this means I'll never be bringing anything for you people!"

She was so incompetent at her job that everyone in the lab had to come in on our thanksgiving weekend (plus many others) to dissect out embryo brains. After we finished the dissection, my boss and I disappeared to the animal facility to check on the mouse colony, and when we came back, the b**** had left with 4 people's worth of dissection set ups left out(bloody surgical instruments and all) as well as a bunch of other things for ME to clean! We even have an explicit policy in the lab that technicians are NOT there to do chores for post-docs. My boss was FURIOUS! He ended up cleaning with me and was like "why is it that we get called in on our Thanksgiving weekend because she doesn't know how to plan well, and we end up with the cleaning?"

Ugh... there are so many more of these infuriating stories, but I'ma gonna stop now. Only thing is that if it was just an abrasive personality, I could deal with it, but this chick was soooo incompetent... It was difficult when she sucked and couldn't do a thing right, and I was told to fix something for her by my boss, but I had to tip toe ever so lightly as not to offend her mighty degree.

She has a PhD in molecular biology... but she can't do a single thing! like literally. She had 1 paper published in all of her 7 years grad school + 3 yrs post-doc. And that last paper only got published because her experiments had to be done in duplicate by other people in the lab. She can't do DNA or RNA extractions (and she doesn't even notice when her OD readings are way off). She can't do PCR (in the past she's used 2 forward primers, didn't heat the lid, only ran it for one cycle, her stock primer was growing bacteria). She can't clone (she doesn't know how to pick the right enzymes, she tries to ligate things that don't have compatible ends, doesn't know how much insert/vector to use, she tried to ligate insert/vectors that both lacked phosphates, etc...). EVERYTIME something goes wrong though, she'd ask me to order super expensive reagents because she thought the stuff we were using wasn't good enough for her experiments :confused:. She also doesn't understand scientific notation, and we realized 2 years in that all of her calculations were off by a factor of 10. And everytime I'm talking to someone on troubleshooting an experiment I'm working on, and we're going through logical breakdowns of where something went wrong, she has to bust in and start suggesting the stupidest ****. and EVERYTIME, I have to find a way to politely decline her suggestion because any organism with a brain could tell that it would not help. But she would be offended anyway.

ugh. oh well. she's gone now. and as my boss says "she's someone else's problem now" but it does feel good to get it off my chest :)

Click to expand...

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article from FiveFilters.org: Most Labour MPs in the UK Are Revolting.



RANT HERE thread

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire