Pages

Current dental students, any advice on improving my app?

vendredi 15 juillet 2016
Hey guys, so I posted this in the pre dent section but I wanted to see what you guys recommended as well, if that's okay!

I'll be applying next cycle!

Graduating in the Fall (4.5 year of undergrad). Biology BA and a Poli Sci Minor
Expected oGPA:
3.5
Expected BCP GPA: 3.3
Expected Science GPA: 3.32ish (basically 3.3)
DAT: Not taken yet, any advice? Was going to take this summer but ACL surgery made me rethink it. I'll probably take it after I graduate now
Race: Asian (Indian). If it matters at all lolll

No real upward trend I guess throughout the years. Kinda been all over the place. D in orgo, C in biochem, C in cell bio, C in anatomy 2 (retook orgo to a B and anatomy 2 to an A).

Main thing would be I guess over the last 30 credits (2 semesters), I'd have a 3.8oGPA and 3.7ish science/BCP . Over the last 3 semesters (42 credits), its a 3.65 oGPA and a 3.5 science/BCP GPA

Shadowing hours: Over 120, haven't shadowed any specialties though. Guess I'll do that and bring the total to around 150 hours? or around there at least

Community service: Tons, over 500 hours (would probably get more over the rest of the year). Working with refugee relief orgs, packaging/delivering food to the homeless throughout the local inner city, community river/stream cleanups, etc.

Research: None. Any advice? I'd try to get some at school but no one will really give me a 1 semester position since I'm gonna be graduating lol

Work experience: Again, not too much. Kind of grew up in a financially stable household so never really needed to work a lot.

Leadership experience: Held leadership positions on for 2 years for an on campus org, also at a local athletic program where we mentor and train high school students trying to improve their skills in basketball and soccer. Also the founder of a local community service initiative.

I know the main thing right now is to focus on my DAT correct? Any ideas on what score to aim for? I'm a VA resident so we have 1 state school (VCU). Aside from that, nothing really in state.

I was thinking after I graduate to focus on the DAT for 8-10 weeks, knock it out then try and work in a research lab or something (crap pay though lol) until the application cycle started. If I liked the work, I'd stick with it, or maybe just try and find something else after?

Do you guys think I need to look into a post bac or SMP or masters or anything? Or stay an extra spring semester? I was thinking about staying but I was thinking it might hurt my DAT score + it costs $6000. I would have to study for the DAT within 5-6 weeks (the winter break session). I figure it might be better to just save the $ and focus my time on the DATs?

Any suggestions?
Thank you guys so much

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article from FiveFilters.org: Most Labour MPs in the UK Are Revolting.



Current dental students, any advice on improving my app?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire