Pages

Inconsistency with Reading Comprehension (need advice)

vendredi 15 juillet 2016
Hello everyone,

So I have done bootcamp's 3rd full length, and I am all over the place with the reading comprehension.
I am all over the place with the strategies as well
My first test, I used BYU4YOU's strategy (which I really liked the look off) on the 1st passage, then I used the reverse mapping technique on the 2nd passage, I didn't have time for the 3rd passage. => I got a 16 and a lot wrong from that 1st passage, but did well on the 2nd passage. So I decided to try out the reverse mapping on the 2nd test.

2nd test: I did the reverse mapping for the first passage, took me too long, so I did SnD on the 2nd and 3rd => Did horrible on all 3 and got a <15.

3rd Test (1 day later after test 2): I decided to go back to using BYU4YOU's strategy because I liked the look of it out of the other strategies. I was able to complete passages #1 (took me ~25 min) and passage #2 (took me 25 min) which left me with only about 10 minutes on the 3rd passage and I kind of panicked and did SnD. ==> Got an 18 which I was, I wouldn't say happy but not disappointed with, since I barely had time to go over the 3rd passage.

Now, it looks like I am most comfortable with BYU4YOU's method. However, it is taking me a bit too long. I read the first question, then I start reading the passage until I try to read to the 5th paragraph, but sometimes I still don't find the answer to that 1st question, which makes me uncomfortable so I go back to the questions and read the 2nd... Which just makes me all over the place. While I read, I also try to map it out which also takes out of my time. I also tend to spend sometimes 2 minutes or a bit more on one question.
Although my reading is maybe average/on the slower side. I think what I am having trouble with is consistency, and it's not the reading that takes up the extra time but the navigation of the questions.

What advice do you have for me? Will I improve with practice? How did you manage your time so that you did all 3 passages? What did you do when you were stuck on a question (how long did you spend on each question/when did you come back for it)?

I know this is a lengthy post but I am really concerned about this section. I still have 3 weeks from Monday until my test, and I plan on getting more resources like DAT Genius for practice.
Thank you.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article from FiveFilters.org: Most Labour MPs in the UK Are Revolting.



Inconsistency with Reading Comprehension (need advice)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire