Pages

Cortisol

vendredi 15 juillet 2016
"Hyperglycemia, or high blood sugar, is NOT induced by:"
A. ACTH
B. Aldosterone
C. Epinephrine
D. Glucagon

I got this right, the answer was aldosterone. I just said that because I knew that aldosterone causes obligatory water reabsorption via increased Na reabsorption from the collecting duct. However, I was just wondering. I remember learning in my physiology class that cortisol is a catabolic hormone. ACTH causes increased cortisol, which would lead to hyperglycemia, right?

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article from FiveFilters.org: Most Labour MPs in the UK Are Revolting.



Cortisol

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire