Pages

Bombed Step 1/Level 1, do I have a shot?

vendredi 15 juillet 2016

All you can do is apply broadly, hope for the best, and have a plan B.

Also, more importantly, make an honest assessment of why you scored poorly and what you're going to do as a resident to change. This is not something where you can hope for the best and expect things to work out well.

You're not completely hopeless. You passed the exams. I was not a great medical student, and had a below-mean USMLE Step 1. There were a number of factors, but when I objectively looked at myself before starting residency, I had to admit that undisciplined/poor study habits were a big part of it. I made major and deliberate changes to my study time and methods, and I was a far better resident than med student.

You can excel going forward, but something needs to change, whatever field you end up in. Figure out what that something is, and change it, right now.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article from FiveFilters.org: Most Labour MPs in the UK Are Revolting.



Bombed Step 1/Level 1, do I have a shot?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire