Pages

Chances for recovering addict

vendredi 15 juillet 2016
Hi everyone,

This is my first post ever on this forum, but I would love to get some input on my current situation. I'll get my stats out of the way first...

cGPA 3.9
sGPA 3.92
MCAT 40+ old scale (wont list specifics for issue of anonymity)

I have been building on EC's and clinical exposure for the last few years but won't get into specifics. I'm mostly concerned about my history of addiction (heroin) which I battled throughout college and a bit after. I don't want to dwell on it, but I dug myself into a lonely, narrow shell of a life - where the most important thing to me for much too long a time was using. I managed to maintain a double life, with some-semblance of normalcy when viewed from the outside, for longer than I could have imagined being capable of doing so. Anyway, things finally got bad enough that I hit bottom, got clean, and have managed to turn my life around. I have over three years clean, am heavily involved in 12-step fellowships and the service that goes along with it. At this point, I'm grateful for my addiction, as it ended up introducing me to a way of life I never thought possible - and certainly never imagined for myself.

The thing is, I have a spotty legal record (all my own fault of course) from my active addiction years. I have no convictions per se. However, I do have two arrests for heroin possession that have been expunged. With this said, I can legally answer no on the primary application (I will disclose on secondaries that ask me to do so), but was wondering if I have any shot at obtaining a license down the road? Any input would be great - I don't need any comments on the morality involved in pursing this career choice - I've thought about it deeply for a number of years now, and am confident in my ability to stay clean with the help of others and to lead a productive life of service. I'm just curious whether this is even feasible given my record, and the understandable hesitancy licensing boards will have dealing with me. Thanks in advance

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article from FiveFilters.org: Most Labour MPs in the UK Are Revolting.



Chances for recovering addict

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire